Public Issues Leadership Development Conference
Who should attend the PILD Conference?
THE PILD Conference is sponsored by the Joint Council of Extension Professionals (JCEP) as a Professional Development opportunity for the members of the seven member organizations of JCEP. The member organizations include: the Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals (ANREP), Epsilon Sigma Phi (ESP), the National Association of County Agricultural Agents (NACAA), the National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (NACDEP), the National Association of Extension 4-H Agents (NAE4-HA), the National Association of Extension Program & Staff Development (NAEPSDP), and the National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences.
In addition to keynote speakers with national recognition, the conference features breakout sessions with presentations by members who have demonstratedexcellence in Extension program efforts in the area of Public Issues.
Other speakers include National Program Leaders from the National Food and Agriculture Division of USDA, legislative aides, and members who are representing Extension in Congress on the national level. In addition to the national focus, particpants will learn how to affect public policy at the state and local level within the constraints of being a public employee. Learn the difference between advocay and lobbying, one is ok the other is not for public employees.
PILD Mission: To provide leadership and advocacy skills to effect public issues.
- Broaden understanding of public policyissues thatimpactExtension andExtension
- Enhanceadvocacyand public policyeducation
- Learnhowthe changing political environmentaffectssupportfor
- Build political and public supportforExtension through consistentand targetedcommunication with decision-makers.
- Strengthen existing partnerships andexplorenewlinkages with local, state andfederal
- Visit with federal legislators anddecisionmakers to thepolitical processin